The Professor, Dai Vernon, summed up Dr. Sawa this way:
“One of the most creative magicians I have ever known. As the saying goes, you have to see it to believe it…and even then, you won’t!” Find out why.
When Dr. Sawa burst onto the magic scene back in the 1970’s, he caused an international sensation. His work with paper, seashells, ropes and especially coins, was simultaneously whimsical and astonishing. Some years ago, for private reasons, Dr. Sawa vanished from the magic world. Happily, he has resurfaced and his enthusiasm for magic not only renewed, but actually increased.
L&L Publishing is proud to present this multiple DVD set, containing almost fifty new and astonishing coin routines on a total of six DVDs. This is volume #6.
1. Ornament: You’ll lose count of how many remarkable effects take place as this routine flows. Suffice it to say, if you like Scotch & Soda, it’s time you tasted sake!
2. Canadian Mystery: Something really different, involving a bunch of pennies and dimes. Mixed by a spectator, the magician is uncannily able to separate them into discrete groups, with which an extra climax takes place.
3. Kangaroo Coins: A coin purse represents a grandmother kangaroo, which sets the scene for the magical “hopping” of Australian coins.
4. Karate Coins: Prepare to be perplexed! The magician abruptly shoves his thumb through four coins, producing large holes in all of them. The sneaky method will delight you.
5. Doppelgänger Phenomenon: Strange events, as four silver dollars disappear and reappear in ghostly fashion, then turn into four completely different coins.
6. The Hole: Further miracles with an Okito Box, this time used to pass coins through the table, all done while standing up. Plus, there’s a surprise magical punchline.
7. Five Wishes: Coins beget coins, with increasing surprises along the way.
8. Silver Maniac: An appropriate title for a fast-paced series of successive transformations that build to a mind boggling finale.
Running time approximately 1 hour and 31 minutes.